Do you like:
- designing things
- making them
- testing them to see if they are any good
- learning about and using technology?
If the answer is yes, then design and technology may be the subject for you. Design and technology is a practical, design based course.
During the course a student will:
- learn design skills in research, innovation, practical problem solving and evaluation
- find out about the technology used to make objects in modern industry
- learn how industries are set up and managed
- develop documentation skills through the use of design folios
- learn construction skills to allow you to manage and build a major project of their own design.
The course content will be addressed primarily through the use of a number of practical based mini design projects as well as associated investigation and research of materials and processes. Projects currently include a nutcracker, a keepsafe, and the major project of the student's own design.