The ancient history course is studied over two years.
In the preliminary course (120 hours), students will study:
- Part 1: introduction - history, archaeology and science and case studies
- Part 2: studies of ancient societies, sites and sources
- Part 3: historical investigation.
In the HSC course (120 hours), students will study:
- Part 1: Core study - Cities of Vesuvius: Pompeii and Herculaneum
- Part 2: an ancient society, for example, Persia at the time of Darius and Xerxes
- Part 3: a personality in their time, for example, Hannible or Cleopatra VII
- Part 4: a historical period, for example, The Greek World 500 - 440 BC.